High Performance and Green Building
“My husband and I hired Stockell Homes to build our families custom energy efficient, wheelchair accessible home. Our 3470 square foot home has the latest Energy Star building techniques, is ADA compliant and on budget! Furthermore, our home achieved one of the lowest HERS Index scores that ASERusa has tested in the Saint Louis Region over the last ten years. We couldn’t be happier.” – Kristy & Jeremiah from Eureka
High-Performance Homebuilding is a whole house building approach that is focused on Energy Efficiency, Long lasting materials, Moisture management, Indoor air quality and Smart home technology. Every Home we build is a High-Performance Home!
Stockell Homes is also an Energy Star New Home Partner.
BENEFITS FOR HOMEOWNERS
- Peace of Mind: Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right. From the foundation up.
- Enduring Quality: Value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality.
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort: You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- Proven Value: Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Green Homebuilding, also known as sustainable construction, is designing and constructing with a focus on environmental considerations and resource efficiency to minimize the home’s environmental impact. It goes beyond High Performance. Green building is a practical response to a variety of issues that affect all of us — like increasing energy prices, waning water resources and changing weather patterns.
Green Means Superior Construction and a Healthier Building
At Stockell, we know that green homes and buildings are not a fad but a superior method of construction. Starting with lot development through the design process, construction, and operations of a home, green building requires intentional decisions that positively impact energy and resource efficiency, as well as indoor environmental quality. Our goal is to build the best, most sustainable and practical homes for our customers and our environment.
As Certified Green Building Professionals we can work with you to have your home certified to the best and most affordable green certification in the country, the ICC700 National Green Building Standard. It is managed and overseen by an independent, third-party inspection agency, Home Innovation Research Labs. They are recognized as the nation’s premier residential building product testing laboratory. Only to those residences that are in compliance with the rigorous National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) are awarded certification. Living in a Home Innovation NGBS Green Certified home is truly living green.
- Designated a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders on June 5, 2008.
- Achieved the designation as a LEED Accredited Professional from the U. S. Green Building Council on July 18, 2008.
- Became a Verifier for the ICC700 National Green Building Standard in 2009.
- Certified as a Building Analyst Professional (energy auditor) by the Building Performance Institute on May 5, 2013.
- Stockell Custom Homes became an Energy Star Partner in 2015.
- Stockell participated in their first energy efficient home in 1985. It was engineered by Lindal Cedar Homes and constructed in Cedar Hill MO.