Certified Green Building Professional
High Performance Homebuilding is a whole house building approach that is focused on Energy Efficiency, Long lasting materials, Moisture management, Indoor air quality and Smart home technology. Stockell Homes is an Energy Star New Home Partner.
Benefits for Homeowners
- Peace of Mind: Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right. From the foundation up.
- Enduring Quality: Value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality.
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort: You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- Proven Value: Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Green Building, also known as sustainable construction, is designing and constructing with a focus on environmental considerations and resource efficiency to minimize the home’s environmental impact. It goes beyond High Performance. Green building is a practical response to a variety of issues that affect all of us — like increasing energy prices, waning water resources and changing weather patterns. Choosing to Build Green means making intentional decision about:
- Energy-efficiency improvements: high-performance building envelope, efficient HVAC systems, high-performance windows and energy-efficient appliances and lighting.
- Water conservation: water-efficient appliances and fixtures, filtration systems and drought-resistant or low-maintenance landscaping
- Resource conservation:using materials and techniques like engineered wood and wood alternatives, recycled building materials, sustainably harvested lumber and more durable products
- Indoor environmental qualityconsiderations: effective HVAC equipment, formaldehyde-free finishes, low-allergen materials, and products with minimum off-gassing or low volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Site designplanning: minimizing disruption and preserving open space
- Home owner educationthrough manuals and operating guides
As Certified Green Building Professionals, we have the knowledge to incorporate environmental considerations into every phase of the building process to minimize environmental impact. We work with you to make choices that will positively impact your homes energy and resource efficiency, as well as indoor air quality. Our goal is to build the best, most sustainable and practical homes we can for our clients and for the environment.
Green Built Means Superior Construction and a Healthier Building
At Stockell, we know that green homes and buildings are not a fad but a superior method of construction. Starting with lot development through the design process, construction, and operations of a home, green building requires intentional decisions that positively impact energy and resource efficiency, as well as indoor environmental quality. Our goal is to build the best, most sustainable and practical homes for our customers and our environment.
Stockell participated in their first energy efficient home in 1985. It was engineered by Lindal Cedar Homes and constructed in Cedar Hill MO.
- Designated a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders on June 5, 2008.
- Achieved the designation as a LEED Accredited Professional from the U. S. Green Building Council on July 18, 2008.
- Became a Verifier for the ICC700 National Green Building Standard in 2009.
- Certified as a Building Analyst Professional (energy auditor) by the Building Performance Institute on May 5, 2013.
- Stockell Custom Homes became an Energy Star Partner in 2015.