Green Home Builder in St. Louis, MO
Every Home we build is a High-Performance Home!
With Stockell Custom Homes you get:
- Peace of Mind: Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right. From the foundation up.
- Enduring Quality: Value-adding energy efficiency features and a combination of materials and equipment deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality.
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort: You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- Proven Value: Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs.
Green Homebuilding, also known as sustainable construction, is designing and constructing with a focus on environmental considerations and resource efficiency to minimize the home’s environmental impact. It goes beyond High Performance. Green building is a practical response to a variety of issues that affect all of us — like increasing energy prices, waning water resources and changing weather patterns.
Green Means Superior Construction and a Healthier Building
At Stockell, we know that green homes and buildings are not a fad but a superior method of construction. Starting with lot development through the design process, construction, and operations of a home, green building requires intentional decisions that positively impact energy and resource efficiency, as well as indoor environmental quality. Our goal is to build the best, most sustainable and practical homes for our customers and our environment.
As Certified Green Building Professionals we can work with you to have your home certified to the best and most affordable green certification in the country, the ICC700 National Green Building Standard. It is managed and overseen by an independent, third-party inspection agency, Home Innovation Research Labs. They are recognized as the nation’s premier residential building product testing laboratory. Only to those residences that are in compliance with the rigorous National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) are awarded certification. Living in a Home Innovation NGBS Green Certified home is truly living green.
- Designated a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders on June 5, 2008.
- Achieved the designation as a LEED Accredited Professional from the U. S. Green Building Council on July 18, 2008.
- Became a Verifier for the ICC700 National Green Building Standard in 2009.
- Certified as a Building Analyst Professional (energy auditor) by the Building Performance Institute on May 5, 2013.
- Stockell Custom Homes became an Energy Star Partner in 2015.
- Stockell participated in their first energy efficient home in 1985. It was engineered by Lindal Cedar Homes and constructed in Cedar Hill MO.
As a certified St. Louis Green Home Builder, our goal is to build the most sustainable custom homes that are both beautiful and environmentally friendly. Being Green Certified means that we’re simply capable of building a home with minimal environmental impact, and provide energy-saving features to save on electrical costs.
For homeowners, Green Building means making the environmentally responsible decision to build sustainable homes. This means reduced utility costs, better air quality, less maintenance, and reducing waste to prevent pollution.
As a green home builder, we’re Energy STAR Rated, LEED, and NAHB Certified Professional – our commitment to providing eco-friendly construction and homes. Among the first certified green builders in St. Louis, our certifications have allowed us to design and build some of the most sustainable and luxurious custom homes in the area.
- Cut Down Energy Consumption by 22.5% on Average 77.5% 77.5%
The Power of Green Building
Saving on monthly utility costs is just one benefit of building a green home. On average, homeowners save upwards of $1,000 in their first year on just utilities. Combined with other programs and rebates, green homeowners have been reported to save over $25,000 over a 15 year span.
Additional Benefits of Building Green Include:
- Continued growth in demand, and more resale value for for Green Homes
- Improved air quality, decreasing allergic reactions and improving sleep
- Reduced waste prevents harmful pollution, creating a healthier planet
- Quiter heating and cooling system with consistent room temperatures
- Decreased energy consumption and usage by 15 – 30% on average
Energy-efficient homes are more than just a growing trend – Green Building means making a positive impact on the environment, and some added savings benefits along the way. At Stockell Custom Homes, we build with future generations in-mind to decrease pollution levels in the Greater St. Louis Area, and create a better planet for future communities.
Net Zero Homes
Net Zero homes, also known as zero-energy building, is a home that is built to reach a net total energy consumption of zero. On a yearly basis, the home produces as much renewable energy as it consumes.
This means that on average, the homeowner is left with a net zero energy bill, and a home that is carbon-free. These homes aren’t just green, they’re the future for creating sustainable living.
Stockell Custom Homes is a Net Zero home builder that has built many sustainable, net zero homes in the St. Louis Area. We’re here to help build a better place.