Don Stockell, president and owner of Stockell General Contracting Inc., has been in the construction industry for 38 years. In 1976, Don started as a brick mason while attending St. Louis Community College and the University of Missouri at St. Louis, studying architecture, business and construction related coursework. Within a few years Don became a foreman for the masonry company he was working for. In 1984 Don took work with a custom homebuilder in Jefferson County Missouri. He learned much from a homebuilding company that always had quality and attention to detail as its first priorities. In 1986, the homebuilder he had worked for retired and Don started Stockell General Contracting Inc. Don soon became known for his attention to detail and superb craftsmanship that he had learned through his years in masonry and homebuilding. His business grew through word of mouth. He has since built large and small custom homes, done remodeling work, commercial retail, office and industrial interior build out work. Don has a strong commitment to building long lasting, energy-efficient and healthy buildings while protecting the environment in the process.
Green Built Means Superior Construction and a Healthier BuildingDon knows that green homes and buildings are not a fad but a superior method of construction. Starting with lot development through the design process, construction, and operations of a home, green building requires intentional decisions that positively impact energy and resource efficiency, as well as indoor environmental quality. The goal of SGC is to build the best, most sustainable and practical homes for our customers and our environment. Don built his first energy efficient home in 1985. It was engineered by Lindal Cedar Homes and constructed in Cedar Hill MO.
- Designated a Certified Green Professional by the National Association of Home Builders on June 5, 2008.
- Achieved the designation as a LEED Accredited Professional from the U. S. Green Building Council on July 18, 2008.
- Became a Verifier for the ICC700 National Green Building Standard in 2009.
- Certified as a Building Analyst Professional (energy auditor) by the Building Performance Institute on May 5, 2013.
- Stockell Custom Homes became an Energy Star Partner in 2015.